What is an Industry Partner?
Members include interior design industry manufacturers and their representatives, related trade associations and market centers. Industry Partners provide opportunities for interaction between interior designers and the interior furnishings industry that supplies services and manufactured products.
The Industry Partner category is composed of firms engaged in supplying equipment, products or services to the profession. Such firms may become participants in the Industry Partner program under the following requirements.
1. An Industry Partner may have a retail component to their business but must demonstrate the existence of “to the trade” program in the way of a dedicated sales representative, discount program, etc.
2. An Industry Partner may provide design services in addition to their product lines but they must charge for those services. No Industry Partner member may provide services for free to the general public.
3. All aspects of an Industry Partner’s business must be in accordance with the objectives for the design profession as set forth by ASID.
4. Industry Partners must adhere to the ASID code of ethics. To review the full code of ethics, please visit www.asid.org/industrypartners/ipethics.
5. Industry Partners may be removed from the membership by the vote of the “Industry Advisory Council” should they be found to be in violation of the above requirements.